Intellectual Property & IT Law / Competition Law & Data Protection Law
You need support in the registration, management and monitoring of your trademarks and designs, in the development of property right strategies and in the enforcement of your rights. We represent your company in all areas of trademark law and unfair competition law.
Further areas of expertise include advice on copyright and company and name law as well as in matters relating to domain names.
Software protection, the law of new technologies, including e-commerce, and data protection issues are also core areas of our practice. You may leave the drafting of the relevant terms and conditions (incl. data protection declaration and cookie policies) as well as of licensing and marketing agreements to us.
Our competencies at a glance:
- General terms and conditions
- Data protection
- Design protection
- Domain name and company name protection
- IP due diligence
- Development agreements
- Information technology
- Internet law
- IP litigation before arbitration and civil courts
- IT contracts
- Licensing agreements
- Trademark and design registration
- Trademark administration and monitoring
- Media law
- Protection of know-how and trade secrets
- Technology transfer
- Marketing agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Advertising and fair-trading law
- Unfair competition law
Updates on Intellectual Property & IT Law / Competition Law & Data Protection Law
NFTs in Metaverse: Do Trademark Owners need to register their Trademarks for Virtual Goods and Services?
“Nike Sold an NFT Sneaker for USD 134’000”: This York Times headline of May 26, 2022 and similar headlines regarding virtual goods in Metaverses or NFT Trade Platforms have made us realize that NFTs are not only for digital art but also a huge market for brand products.
New Procedure for the Cancellation of non-used Trademarks as per January 1, 2017
As per January 1, 2017, it will be possible to request the cancellation of non-used trademarks from the Swiss trademark register in a simplified procedure with the Federal Institute for Intellectual Property (“FIIP”).
- Administrative Law
- Aviation & Asset Finance
- Business Development
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Corporate Communications
- Employment Law
- Financial Services & Regulatory
- Human Resources
- Inheritance & Estates / Trusts & Foundations (Private Clients)
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & Arbitration
- Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate Finance
- Operational Management
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Sports Law
- Stock Exchange & Capital Markets
- Tax Law
- White-Collar Crime & Compliance